Ice Policy on Privacy and Data Protection
This policy on privacy and data protection sets out how The Ice Organisation Limited (Ice) uses and protects information that you give us when you use this website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Ice.
Ice is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy on privacy and data protection.
Ice may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check back frequently to see updates. This policy is effective from the 28th of September 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
a) information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.myice.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, enter a competition, promotion, survey or questionnaire, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, contact information, debit or credit card information and if you are participating in any particular reward scheme with us;
b) information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
c) information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with the information we gather
We use information held about you in the following ways:
a) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about your Ice points and rewards and other goods and services we offer that are similar to those we already provide to you or that you have enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by post or sms with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
b) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and reward programmes and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
c) Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to collect and spend Ice points and rewards. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this policy on privacy and data protection. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Sharing of your personal information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers, retail partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Ice or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Transferring your personal information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area which may have different data protection laws. By submitting your personal data you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your data us treated securely and as described in this policy on privacy and data protection.
How we protect personal information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
a) whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
b) if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by logging in to your Ice account and selecting My details where you can then update your preferences;
c) you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Any request may be subject to a fee of £10. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please email: email@example.com or write to: The Ice Organisation Limited, Kenwood House, 1 Upper Grosvenor Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 2DU. Please remember to quote you Ice customer number.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The Ice Programme with Mastercard®
If you register with the Ice Programme with Mastercard® the following privacy and data protection rules are also applicable to you:
In the context of the Ice Programme with Mastercard® we will share certain enrollment information about you with Mastercard to enable Mastercard to identify your account and to provide us with information about your transactions. Mastercard will share information about your transactions (such as the partner’s name, date, time and amount of qualifying transactions) with us to enable us to determine whether you qualify for the reward, to provide you with the reward, and notify you about the status of the reward. You will need to provide your 16 digit card number (PAN) when you register a Mastercard® credit card for the Ice Programme with Mastercard® so your transactions with participating partners can be tracked. Ice will not store and / or use your PAN to identify you. Upon registration of your PAN on our website you will be asked to enter a memorable name for your registered card for identification purposes. Following the entry of the PAN data you will only be able to view the first 6 and the final 4 digits of the PAN. You will have the option on your Ice Mastercard® page to delete a registered card and add a new card.
If you choose to register a payment card in connection with transaction monitoring, you authorise Ice to share your payment card information with MasterCard so it knows you are enrolled. You authorise Mastercard to monitor transactions on your registered card(s) to identify qualifying purchases, and for Mastercard to share such transaction details with Ice to enable your card-linked offer(s) to be implemented, and to target other offers that may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of transaction monitoring on the payment card(s) you have registered by logging in to your Ice account, navigate to My Mastercard®(s) page where you will be able to view your registered payment card(s) and delete those that you no longer want for transaction monitoring. Please follow this link: https://myice.com then login to your Ice account, go to My Mastercard® (s).
We may provide information to a participating partner to enable that partner to determine your eligibility for a reward and not for any other purpose. Further, we may also share aggregated and non-identifiable information about registered customers with partners and other organisations. Any transaction data provided by Mastercard to us will only be used for the purposes of providing services to you in accordance with Ice Programme with Mastercard® Terms & Conditions and the Ice Terms & Conditions.
If you would like to: (i) access your personal data, (ii) rectify, block or delete any personal data relating to you and processed in the context of the Ice Programme with Mastercard®;, or (iii) if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding privacy practices in the context of the Ice Programme with Mastercard®, please contact us by sending email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: The Ice Organisation Limited, Kenwood House, 1 Upper Grosvenor Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 2DU. Please remember to quote your Ice customer number.